It is obviously not an exciting job to clean a house in the spring season, but spring cleaning is carrying a traditional significance. Spring cleaning is gradually becoming ritualized in the West, especially in European countries. Cleaning products manufacturers and suppliers are ramping up their advertising in the late winter, but you probably don’t know how to start your spring cleaning project. Don’t worry! You are certainly not alone in this strange desire to clean the house within a day. We are here to guide you for a house cleaning in a single day.
1. Clean your windows :- Windows are subjected to cleaning in the spring season. So, make sure you are not just wiping down the windows inside. Use a glass cleaner during spring to remove spots and smudges you don’t usually have time to tackle. Try to wash the windows on a cloudy day to ensure that the sun won’t dry the cleanser before you complete your cleaning.
2. Clean your countertops :- Is water forms droplets on the surface of your countertops? It is definitely the best option for you if you have sealed during the installation. It prevents granite stains in building-up on your countertops. If you have not sealed them during their installation, do it now. However, cleaning is also important in the spring season.
3. Clean your wooden floors :- Wooden floors are also subjected to a proper cleaning; mopping your wooden floors every week could ruin them. A better option is to prefer a wet-cleaning in spring. After you complete the wet-cleaning, use saucers or trivets under plants to avoid water damage. Plus, make the use of furniture protectors to avoid scratches on your wooden floors.
4. Clean your fluffy sleeping accessories :- You should also clean your fluffy sleeping accessories, i.e., pillows and comforters, to keep your sleeping environment healthy. It will ensure a good night sleep for you. According to us, the cleaning should be done once in every two weeks. However, the cleaning does not require many efforts. Just put these items into your washing machine.
5. Clean your kitchen cabinets :- Dirt layer can build-up on your kitchen cabinets if you have not configured the exhaust over your cabinet. The cabinet gets grease from settling in the meantime of your cooking. So, cleaning is very important to remove dust from your cabinet. We recommend using a good quality kitchen cabinet cream to cut the dirt layer and leave wood moisturized.
6. Clean your stainless steel utensils :- There is no point of having stainless steel in your kitchen if you are not keeping them clean and dirt-free. In this regard, you are suggested to make the use of a Stainless Steel Aerosol once in a week. Make sure you are not using too much. Else, you will be leaving the surface grimy.
7. Clean your dishwasher :- Do your dinner plates have tomato sauce stains? No problem! You can clean these stains off without any hassles. Remove the food items from these plates and then run a cycle with a specialty cleanser. It is a very effective way to keep your kitchen healthy and hygienic in spring.
8. Clean your refrigerator :- To keep your kitchen hygienic, you are also suggested to clean the outside and inside of your refrigerator. Pull out fridge’s interior shelving and wash them with warm soapy water. Then you need to wipe down the surfaces that can’t be removed with a sponge before putting shelves back in their place.
9. Clean your tiled surfaces :- You must have used tiles surfaces in your bathroom and kitchen. We strongly recommend you to clean these surfaces in the spring season. Make the use of a cleaner that has a neutral pH on the label. Mix baking soda and water for a homemade cleaner and pour 2 cups of baking soda into 2 gallons of water and mix very well. Then the liquid is ready to clean. Apply it with a string mop or sponge mop.
10. Clean your area rugs :- You don’t have to clean these things throughout the seasons if you clean the area rugs in spring. Over-cleaning can contribute to wear and tear. Use club soda to clean stains caused by your pets, orange soda, coffee, red wine, and anything with dye or an acid-base are hard to remove. While doing the cleaning job, you need to act quickly.
11. Clean your washing machine :- Washing machine clean your clothes, but did you feel the necessity to clean your washing machine ever? It is, however, an important part of your spring cleaning. It is not a good idea to wash clothes in a smelly machine. Simply disinfect it with distilled white vinegar and baking soda. It will keep your washing machine fresh and high on performance. Use hot water and run the machine. Then, add the cleaning agents, and let it sit for 30 to 60 minutes. Restart the smelly machine then.
12. Clean your carpets :- Carpets maintain the elegance of our drawing rooms, dining rooms, and bedrooms. So, you are suggested to clean your carpets, at least in spring. Both the less-trafficked and higher-traffic areas of your carpet need to be cleaned, and it is an essential part of your house cleaning. We recommend making the use of a genuine quality carpet cleaner even if you are doing it once in a year.
13. Clean your painted walls :- Walls represent your mind, and your painted walls are perhaps the main elements of your home when it comes to elegance and personality. Use a rag or sponge to clean your walls. Dip the rag or sponge into water mixed with a few drops of dishwashing liquid. Plus, apply a few drops of soap directly onto the cleaning object you are using. After rubbing the walls with the cleaning object, rinse the wall with plain water.
So, what is your spring cleaning strategy?