In a perfect world, you can just start your website and wait for traffic to click on your website. But, there are many other websites like yours. So, for each search query, the search engines must pick the best matching results. Matching most of those queries is called search engine optimization or SEO.
Search engines account for over 95% of all site traffic. You must be indexed on major search engines and rated highly if you want your website to be found. You can also outsource SEO services with Skailed to get the best traffic and recognition to your content.
Before we get to know how SEO works, here are some facts you should know
- 70% of searchers will not go beyond the first page of search engine results (SERPs)
- Every day, Google processes about 5.6 billion searches.
- Every year, Google handles approximately 2 trillion searches.
- Position 1 in search results has an average click-through rate of 18.7%, while position 2 has an average click-through rate of 11.3 percent.
- Every year, around 15-20% of all searches are fresh. It’s the first time they’ve ever been looked for.
- Mobile devices account for 65 percent of Google searches.
- In the United States, Google controls 90% of the mobile search engine market.
- Around 35% of mobile Google queries are connected to the location.
- A store visit is the consequence of 55% of “near me” inquiries.
- Mobile devices account for eight out of ten Google searches for food.
How Does It Work?
Bots are used by search engines like Google, Bing or Yahoo to explore the web, moving from website to website, gathering information about those web pages, and classifying them. Consider the directory to be a big library where a librarian may pull up a book (or a web page) to assist you in finding exactly what you are searching for.
Then, using hundreds of evaluation criteria or signals, computers examine sites in the database to decide the order in which they should show in search results for a specific query. For example, suppose a librarian has read all the books in the library and can tell you exactly the ones that contain the answers to your questions.
Why is SEO important?
Digital marketing is dependent on SEO as people make billions of search queries every year and that is how products are sold. People search for a product, they read about it and buy it.
Brands’ major source of internet traffic is the search queries.
A better ranking in search results than your competitors can have a strong effect on your lead generation.
But, the search engines have evolved so much to provide the best user experience for the past few years that it is necessary to get the best SEO services for your content optimization.
With the oversaturated digital market, it may be virtually hard to stand out without a comprehensive SEO approach.
Your on-page optimization must be flawless, with intentional keyword targeting, intelligent metadata, and convincing content. Off-page optimization, such as link building and guest posting, requires a significant amount of time and effort.
To perform all of this well, you will need to know exactly what you are doing, be familiar with the latest approaches, and have lots of time.