Is it possible to burn belly fat without sweating out in the gym? YES! Great news for all those who hate to flex their muscles, yet desire to own an envious flat abdomen.
Here’s what you must do:
- Stand tall, sit straight: Posture plays a vital role in maintaining flat abdomen. Good posture tones muscles of abdomen.
- Drink up…water, of course! Dehydration causes the body to retain water and this leads to a bloated stomach. Stay hydrated. Drink up to 3 liters of fluids daily. This includes plain water, lemon water, coconut water, vegetable and fruit juices, green tea, smoothies, shakes, buttermilk, and milk.
- Set a timetable for routine activities: our body has a biological clock. So, when you get up at the same time daily, you develop a set timetable for loo activities, which regulates your hunger pangs and sleep patterns. This keeps your stomach flushed out and flat.
- Eat slowly: instead of wolfing down your meal, chew it at least 10-20 times, although yoga practitioners suggest chewing a morsel 32 times before swallowing. This puts the least pressure on the stomach and paves way for easy digestion. Quick eating also leads to swallowing air, which may lead to gas problems and indigestion. This bloats up the stomach.
- Walk: Nothing beats it. It tones muscles of legs and abdomen. It burns fat. It refreshes. It keeps depression at bay. This simple form of exercise does so much!
- Manage stress: excess stress induces the body to produce more stress hormone cortisol, which transfers fat around the abdomen as body’s defense to protect its vital organs. This gives you the stomach paunch. For the slim and trim look, relax often and laugh heartily.
The above tips work amazingly well in toning up your abdomen and giving you flat abs to die for.