The generator comes in different shapes, sizes, and capacities. The function of the generator is to get mechanical energy (Fuel) as an input, then converts it into electrical energy (Current) as the output. Generator parts like Generator Actuator are available easily in market.
The generator provides off-grid power or emergency backup power in cases of electricity breakdown and power outages.
External Sources of the Generator:
Diesel is the most popular fuel, and it’s suitable for home/business/industrial or commercial use.
Gasoline is a moderate fuel suitable for short term uses.
- NATURAL GAS:
It’s the natural fuel obtained from the underground source. It’s much better fuel than diesel and gasoline. Furthermore, it doesn’t create pollution in the air.
Propane uses during the unavailability of natural gas. It’s a better fuel, like natural gas.
Wind turbine obtains power from the air. The function of a wind turbine is to generate electricity from mechanical energy (wind energy).
Solar energy obtains from the solar panel to generate electricity. Solar energy is more effective than gas and propane-powered generator.
Coal uses to generate electricity by burning coal.
- Hydro (water):
The function of a hydraulic water generator is to generate mechanical energy from the flow of water. The electricity produces from the hydroelectric generator.
Types of Generator:
- Inverter Generator:
- An inverter generator is a comfortable, light-weighted, and portable generator.
- It supports many home applications including mobile phones, computers, microwave ovens, refrigerators, and other small appliances.
- This type of generator converts DC current into AC current.
- Inverter generator uses the most in-home, industrial, business, and construction sites.
2) Portable Generator:
- The portable generator is suitable for long term running up to 7 to 12 hours.
- The running time of the portable generator depends on the kinds of loads or applications.
- It comes in different shapes and sizes.
- This kind of generator runs using diesel, natural gas, and gasoline.
3) Industrial Generator or Commercial Generator:
- These kinds of generators are robotics generators used to support heavy machinery and automated computer system.
- It contains a large capacity to run heavy loads and applications.
4) Standby Generator:
- The standby generator is the larger generator compared to other generator types.
- This kind of generator fixes on a flat surface of the ground to produce power (current).
- The standby generator supports heavy applications and air conditioners as well.
- It runs by using diesel, gas, and propane.
- This generator auto starts when the power outages.
- This generator offers benefits during natural disasters or electricity failures.
- Standby generator runs for long up to 24, 50, and 70 hours.