Quickbooks is known by almost everyone and is used by many people. But, still, you can come across different errors while using the software. These errors can occur because of different reasons like incomplete installation, system affected by malware, deleted or missing files, and more. In this post, we have talked about one common error that you will encounter: Quickbooks unrecoverable error. This is a critical error that can occur while opening the file or saving, printing any transaction. The “Quickbooks has encountered a problem and needs to close” message will appear on the screen when you encounter the error. Though the issue is critical, you can still fix it. Go through this troubleshooting guide to know how to fix Quickbooks unrecoverable error.
Tasks Where Quickbooks Unrecoverable Error Can Occur
You may encounter the error while performing different activities. Below we have mentioned all the circumstances which can lead to the error.
- Employing verify or rebuild data utility
- Trying to open a previous company file.
- Attempting to save a document on the system.
- Downloading or updating payroll.
- Trying to send the payroll using Direct deposit.
- Attempting to open any of the Quickbooks windows like company snapshots, transactions, and home page.
- Lastly, terminating any windows.
Triggers of Quickbooks Unrecoverable Error
Resolving the issue becomes easier when you have to know why you have encountered the issue. Check out the complete list of reasons for facing the issue.
- One of the very common reasons is that the components related to Quickbooks are corrupted.
- There may be some issues with the hardware.
- A sudden power outage can also lead to the issue.
- You may not have a proper network.
- Quickbooks company file is affected by malware or some other issue.
- Error in the Quickbooks application affecting its performance.
Methods to Fix Quickbooks Unrecoverable Error
There are chances that you need to use more than one method to get rid of the issue. Here, we have listed all the methods that you can use to fix this issue. All you need to do is to follow the steps in the same way to avoid any errors.
Method 1: Use Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
The Quickbooks file doctor is a great tool to get rid of the issues related to the Quickbooks company file or even fix the network issues. You can use the tool directly or use it via the Quickbooks tool hub. To use the tool via the Quickbooks tool hub, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to go to the Quickbooks official website.
- From there, you will have to look for the Quickbooks tool hub and then download it on the system.
- Next, you will have to click on the downloading file and then accept the terms and conditions in the prompt appearing on the screen.
- When done, you will have to follow all the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.
- Now, you will have to double-click on the tool’s icon and then start the tool on the system.
- In the tool prompt, go to the company file issues tab present on the left side of the screen.
- You will then have to click on the Quickbooks File doctor
- Next, wait for the tool to load properly on the system.
- When the tool loads, you will have to choose the file that you wish to scan.
- Check your file when the scan is complete.
Method 2: Use Quick Fix My Program
Another method you can use to fix Quickbooks unrecoverable error is using the Quick fix my program feature via the Quickbooks tool hub. For this, read the steps mentioned below.
- To download the tool on the system, you will have to follow the steps mentioned in the above method.
- Now, open the tool on the system and then choose the program problems.
- In the next window, I was hoping you could choose the option for Quick fix my program.
- When the process completes, you will have to restart Quickbooks on the system.
Method 3: Running Reboot.bat File
The next method that we suggest you try is to run the reboot.bat file on the system. Check out the associated steps below.
- First, you need to look for the reboot.bat file on the system. You can find it in the Quickbooks folder, followed by the version of Quickbooks.
- When found, you will have to right-click on the reboot.bat file and then choose to start the file as an admin.
- You will then have to let the process complete. You will then have to check if you are still facing the issue or not.
Method 4: Using Component Repair Tool
Another method to resolve the Quickbooks unrecoverable error is to use the component repair tool on the system. It will detect and fix the issues related to the components of Quickbooks.
- First, you need to get a component repair tool on the system. You can download it from the internet.
- Next, you need to install the tool on the system by following all the instructions appearing on the screen.
- Run the tool on the system.
- You will then have to update Windows on the system and then restart it.
- Start Quickbooks and check if the error is resolved or not.
Quickbooks unrecoverable error is one of the critical errors. We hope that following the methods mentioned in the article has helped you resolve the error. If not, you may have to contact the support team.