Congratulations! You have started your own YouTube channel. Now the hard work comes here. Wondering how to get YouTube subscribers? Well, that’s a pretty valid question. Most of the youtubers face the challenge of getting subscribers for their channel. Being stuck at “0” can be really frustrating. So, if you are looking for some advice here. You have come to the right place. No no, don’t worry we won’t be asking you to buy YouTube subscribers to get your channel going.
You know getting YouTube subscribers is an art! And, to perform this art you need to apply persistence and smart strategies. With this, you could become the next big YouTube star having millions of subscribers on channel. Understanding the fact that it is difficult to get a new YouTube channel off its feet, in this article, we will share some of the pro tips to get more subscribers on your channel. Before that let’s see why people might not subscribing your channel.
Here are some of the reasons:
- They don’t have the application or not interested in installing it
- One can watch a video on YouTube without being signed in
- Some people don’t remember their Google password
- They want to keep a very curated feed
- You only have limited video that interests them or you have too much of variety to go through
- Signing in is tedious thing to do
- They don’t realize having a Google/Gmail account means having a YT account
- They don’t want to share that they subscribed to you
Reaching to a hundred subscribers is unarguably the most important milestone for the channel. It is only after a 100 subscribers that you start to gain some momentum. Let’s look at some tips and tricks to reach 100 subscribers milestone.
1. Study YouTube Basics: Having a channel won’t give a 100 subscribers on the go. You have to do some of the preparation and practice to expect something good. Most the youtubers don’t take the work of making a video seriously. They underestimate the hard work that actually requires to make a video or be comfortable on camera. And, also don’t bother to learn uploading videos and getting views. This is the first mistake that they are doing. Studying and reading is important to cover most of the aspects of YouTube basics.
2. Theme for your YouTube Channel: Uploading just any random video on YouTube won’t work for you. Before you make your mind to upload a video on YouTube, you have to decide what type of videos you want to create. Uploading a random vlog, a gaming video, and a cooking video just day after day will make the users confused and they won’t know what to expect from your channel. And, confusion means they will not know what your YouTube channel is all about and hence they won’t subscribe. Ultimately, the goal is not fulfilled. If any of your user is not subscribing to your YouTube channel this means there is something which you are not doing correctly. Instead, give your subscribers a reason to subscribe to your channel by choosing a channel theme. Choosing a theme or a niche for your channel will give it more focus and help you find your target audience easier.
Some of the most popular genres on YouTube are:
- Beauty and Fashion
- Reactions and Commentary
Don’t limit yourself, while choosing a channel topic. Enjoy what you do and this will show the passion of yours to the viewers.
3. Create a release schedule: If you follow any of the YouTube channel, you will see that they have a banner. And, they follow a schedule to release a video. Same applies to you, you have to make sure to release one video a week, and for the same you have to choose a day of the week that you release it. While some channels choose to release a video in a week day, other choose to do it on Sunday to increase their viewers. Regardless of the schedule that you choose, stick to it and make sure it’s on that banner so that people can see it.
4. Make Videos that are Searched and Shared: Making just any random video for your YouTube channel won’t make it famous as we also talked about it in the second point. This truth is bitter but you won’t become a YouTube star overnight uploading just a random video. The key to get started is to have a video on a YouTube channel that can be searched or that people will share in social media.
Few examples are mentioned below:
- Game reviewer: Review the popular games on YouTube, of course nothing new in it but attitude could make a difference. It will at least target some of the segment to get started.
- Beauty Guru: The targeted segment will be girls. Start with comparing two products, or products and drastically different prices. Trust me, it is surely a hit.
- Vlogger: If you are a gadget freak and buy gadgets now and then, why not review them. You can choose to review a camera that you are using, a phone or anything. Tell an interesting and relatable story.
- Tech Reviewer: Choose a product to demonstrate its working, how to use, or make a guide for first time users/buyers.
5. Ask to subscribe and take help of social media: Just before you start to review your product or start a video, you can ask your user to subscribe to your channel so that they don’t miss any videos uploaded by you. It’s as simple as that. Moreover, you can add a subscribe watermark on videos. It is basically a small icon which displays in the bottom corner of your videos. Remind your user to hit that subscribe button.
Requesting is one why and other sure shot way is to promote your channel on various social media sites. Clear your YouTube basics right from choosing a channel theme, making searchable titles, creating eye-catching thumbnails. After that it is the time to promote your channel on different social media sites for promotion. Promoting on social media will help you to put them right in front of your target audience. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and SnapChat are some of the platforms to do it.
Now that you are ready with a YouTube channel. These points will help you in building a new YouTube channel and get your first 100 subscribers. Always remember quality wins than quantity. Make sure to upload videos that are qualitative and produce content that people would WANT to subscribe to. Doing this, it is sure that you could have tens of thousands of subscribers following you and your videos.
Share with us your views on this. Comment below!