As soon as are diagnosed with diabetes, you quickly start consuming all the medicines that have been prescribed to you by your doctor, right? And all the medicines are mostly allopathy. The only problem with allopathy medicines is that they may or may not suit everyone. Also, allopathy medicines are quite expensive. Wondering what alternative you should have for this? Well, you can give a try to homeopathy medicines. Before you start looking for homeopathy medicines, let us discuss what it is in length.
What is homeopathy?
It is a medical system that commenced in Germany. Homeopathy aims at treating the person completely instead of just focussing on the symptoms or disease. The homeopathy medicines, as claimed by the practitioners of the field are all-natural. The ingredients used in these medicines come from minerals, plants, and animals. The medicines are available in the form of tablets, creams, ointments, drops, and sugar pellets.
Homeopathic remedies for diabetes
On visiting the practitioners, you will certainly get homeopathic medicine for diabetes. However, the practitioner may enquire about the type of diabetes you have or if you have some other health issues also. Also, the medicines will vary from one individual to the others. There is no one-size-fits-all option for anyone.
No matter which medicines you are opting for, one of the very important things in which you should definitely put money is a health insurance policy. A health insurance policy is a must-buy thing for diabetes patients. Diabetics are often required to visit the doctors for consultation or tests, and they also regularly need to buy medicines. Depending on their present condition, their medicines are also changed, increased, or decreased by the doctors. Whatever the modification or reason to visit the doctor is, it costs money to the diabetes patients. This is where the health insurance policies can prove to be a great help to them. There are in fact several health insurance policies available in the market that are diabetes patients friendly. Let us discuss some of them here.
Star Health Insurance – Diabetes Safe
This is one of the best health insurance policies offered by Star Health Insurance. Here are the highlights of the policy.
- The health insurance policy can be bought by people within the age group of 18 years and 65 years
- This can be purchased by people who already have been diagnosed with Diabetes Mellitus or are at the borderline
- The sum assured options from between INR 3 lakhs and INR 10 lakhs
- It is available for both individual as well as family floater basis
- The health insurance policy covers all kinds of complications that are the result of diabetes, from the first day of buying the policy
- Pre-hospitalization costs are up to 30 days before taking admission to the hospital
- Post-hospitalization costs are up to 60 days after the policyholder is discharged from the hospital
- Policyholders can avail of income tax benefits under Section 80D of the IT Acts, 1961
- They can also avail of the hospitalization facility in the network hospitals
- You can choose from two plans, either Plan A or Plan B.
Like this, there are several health insurance policies offered by some of the best insurance companies such as ICICI Prudential, Apollo Munich Health Insurance, National Insurance, and Care Health Insurance. If you want to know about the health insurance policies offered by these companies in length, you can visit the website of IIFL. Apart from the health insurance policies and their features, you will also be able to find details of the premiums that you would be required to pay. To do that, you can find the health insurance premium calculator and use it. Accordingly, you can finalize the policy and buy it.