If you are a person using Quickbooks accounting software then you are aware of the issue and errors that merge while working on it. All of those errors are removable but they cause a lot of hurdles in between the ongoing work. That’s why the developer of Quickbooks, Intuit designed a tool to handle all of these errors easily without hassle. Intuit developed File doctor Quickbooks and marketed it as a must-have tool on your system if you are a Quickbooks user. Just like the Quickbooks desktop is used by millions of users around the world, QB file doctor is also used by many.
In this post, we are going to explain this tool and its limitations to aware users about this tool. However, this tool is not that much tough to use but having a guide to using it will ease your path. So let’s start exploring this article from here.
What is a Quickbooks File Repair Doctor?
Quickbooks file doctor is a utility Tool designed by intuit to help QB users to resolve multiple errors on their own. This software is easy to use and has the versatility to fix different types of errors such as network connectivity issues, file damage problems, and also 6000 series errors. As the name suggests, file doctor is proving itself a doctor for the file of QuickBooks through its user-friendly interface. The functionality of the tool is capable of erasing a lot of errors immediately without wasting much time and anyone can easily operate it without any manual guide. If you are a non-technical person then do not worry there is nothing related to a technicality that makes your work complicated. You just have to follow a few steps that are explained below to erase some sort of error.
Errors Can Be Fixed Through File Doctor QuickBooks
As this post mentioned earlier, the file doctor tool can fix network connectivity errors i.e. H series errors, data damage issues, and 6000 series errors. In this paragraph, we tried to explain all three categories of error.
- QB Error 6150
- Error 6000 82 Quickbooks
- QB Error code 6000 305
- Error code 6000 301 Quickbooks
- Quickbooks Error 6147
- Quickbooks Error code 6130
- QuickBooks Network error H101, H202, H303, or H505 over a multi-user mode.
- If the company file has a blank or incomplete customer or vendor list, the system will fail.
- If the display on the screen becomes blank or black.
- When only a sample business file is accessible, company files are destroyed.
Things to Know Before Using QB File Doctor
You should keep a few points in mind before using File Doctor to ensure that it works properly.
- If your system already has a pre-installed file doctor, remove it and download the most recent version of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- This feature is included in all QuickBooks versions released after 2015. It is preferable to utilize external QBFD rather than the internal tool.
- Internal file doctor is more successful at fixing QuickBooks problem 6000, which prevents you from accessing your company file. To enable this tool function, you must first know the system requirements, device compatibility, and restrictions.
System Requirement To Get The Tool On Your Device
If you want to download and install the Quickbooks file doctor on your device you are required to make your system compatible with the tool. For this, you have to know the system requirement:
- Must have Admin Rights
- .Net framework
- Must verify the Quickbooks Hosting is in ON mode while repair multi-user repair and diagnosis
- Operating Systems- Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows, Windows 7, Windows XP
Limitation of Quickbooks File Repair Doctor
These are the certain limitations of QB file doctors that explain the drawback of this tool. You must be aware of these limitations:
- The first constraint is that a user should have a strong data connection to keep in touch with the working environment, file upload, and manual repair. It will cease scanning the file to detect the issue if the network is lost.
- The company file should not be more than 2GB in size.
- To operate the network, the user must have administrative rights.
- On the host computer, Quickbooks must’ve been open.
- In the Canada edition of Quickbooks, the file doctor is not available. The user must have either the UK or US version of Quickbooks installed on their computer.
- The QB file doctor program will re-launch with higher admin capabilities if Windows user account control is enabled.
- The Quickbooks File Doctor should only be used if the user can access the Quickbooks company file.
This is it! We are at the end of this article, hopefully, you liked the article. In this post, we try to cover almost every aspect related to file doctor Quickbooks. It would be positive news if the article helped you to understand the QB file doctor and its limitations.