The Miss Universe Pageant 2023 is scheduled for November 18, 2023, in San Salvador, El Salvador, and it promises to be an extraordinary event. With 84 contestants from around the globe, a revamped format, and increased inclusivity, this edition is set to capture the hearts of millions of viewers worldwide. Let’s dive into the details of this highly anticipated beauty pageant.
Miss Universe Pageant 2023
The Miss Universe Pageant 2023 is the 72nd edition of this prestigious event. It will take place in San Salvador, El Salvador, on November 18, 2023. The reigning Miss Universe, R’Bonney Gabriel from the United States, will pass on her crown to the next deserving winner. What makes this year’s pageant particularly noteworthy is its inclusivity. For the first time since 1957, married women and those with children are eligible to participate, challenging traditional norms and celebrating diversity.
This year’s roster of contestants is nothing short of remarkable. It includes individuals who are breaking barriers and pushing boundaries. Two transgender women, Rikkie Kollé and Marina Machete, are among the contestants, marking a significant moment in the pageant’s history. Additionally, married women and mothers like Camila Avella, Michelle Cohn, and Lorena Santen are taking part, showcasing the evolving definition of beauty and strength.
The Miss Universe Pageant 2023 promises an exciting evening of entertainment. Multiple Grammy Award-winning artist John Legend is set to perform, adding a touch of star power to the event. The format of the pageant has also undergone changes to increase inclusivity and viewer engagement, ensuring that everyone watching will be captivated from start to finish.
When is the Miss Universe Pageant 2023?
The Miss Universe Pageant 2023 is scheduled for November 18, 2023, and will be held at the José Adolfo Pineda Arena in San Salvador, El Salvador. The announcement of the pageant’s location was made by Salvadoran President Nayib Bukele during the Miss Universe 2022 pageant in January 2023. The Miss Universe Organization later confirmed the date on July 27, 2023. With contestants from 84 countries and territories, this event promises to be a spectacle of beauty, talent, and positive changes, with a heightened focus on diversity.
Miss Universe Pageant 2023 Format
The Miss Universe Pageant 2023 introduces exciting changes to its format. The number of semifinalists has been increased to twenty, adding to the competition’s suspense. The first nineteen semifinalists will be determined based on preliminary competition results, including swimsuit and evening gown segments, as well as closed-door interviews held on November 15, 2023. Additionally, online voting by the public will contribute to selecting the twentieth delegate to advance into the semifinals.
The twenty semifinalists will then compete in the swimsuit segment, narrowing down to the top ten, who will proceed to the evening gown competition. From there, the field will be reduced to five finalists, who will face interview questions. Finally, three contestants will vie for the title in the final question round, leading to the announcement of Miss Universe 2023 and her two runners-up. This revamped format aims to enhance inclusivity and keep viewers engaged throughout the pageant.
Miss Universe Pageant 2023 Selection Committee
The selection committee for the Miss Universe Pageant 2023 features a diverse group of individuals:
- Halima Aden – Somali-American model
- Giselle Blondet – Puerto Rican actress and television host
- Janelle Commissiong – Miss Universe 1977 from Trinidad and Tobago
- Connie Mariano – Filipino-American physician
- Iris Mittenaere – Miss Universe 2016 from France
- Denise White – American businesswoman and Miss Oregon USA 1994
- Carson Kressley – American actor, designer, and television personality (serving solely as the final telecast judge)
- Mario Bautista – Mexican singer (serving solely as the final telecast judge)
- Sweta Patel – Vice President of Growth Marketing & Merchandising at Roku (serving solely as the final telecast judge)
- Avani Gregg – American social media personality (serving solely as the final telecast judge)
- Nadia Ferreira – Paraguayan model, Miss Universe Paraguay 2021, and Miss Universe 2021 1st runner-up (serving solely as the final telecast judge)
Where to Watch Miss Universe Pageant 2023?
Viewers around the world can tune in to watch the Miss Universe Pageant 2023 through various platforms. The national costume competition was scheduled for November 16 at 9:00 p.m. EST, following the preliminary competition on November 15 at 8:00 p.m. EST. This year, Live Bash livestreamed both competitions for those looking to catch all the exciting moments. In the U.S., Telemundo will broadcast the pageant in Spanish, while The Roku Channel offers streaming access for English-speaking viewers.
Indian viewers can watch the final competition on Miss Universe’s YouTube channel and X account starting at 6:30 am on November 19, according to Indian Standard Time. Regardless of where you’re watching from, the Miss Universe Pageant 2023 promises a captivating experience, with a perfect blend of glamour, talent, and groundbreaking moments.
- When is the Miss Universe Pageant 2023?
- The Miss Universe Pageant 2023 is scheduled for November 18, 2023.
- What’s notable about Miss Universe Pageant 2023?
- It’s the 72nd edition, held in San Salvador, El Salvador, featuring inclusivity for married women and mothers.
- How many contestants in Miss Universe 2023?
- There are 84 contestants from various countries and territories.
- Who is part of the Miss Universe 2023 Selection Committee?
- The committee includes notable figures like Halima Aden, Giselle Blondet, and Iris Mittenaere.
- Where to watch Miss Universe Pageant 2023?
- The pageant can be watched on platforms like Telemundo, The Roku Channel, and Miss Universe’s YouTube channel, with Live Bash livestreaming the competitions.
Get ready for an unforgettable night of beauty, talent, and diversity at the Miss Universe Pageant 2023!