The circumstance around the India-China border is controllable” and “stable, chinese people defence ministry has said in the first comments about the ongoing standoff between border troops of the two countries in eastern Ladakh and Sikkim.

Committed to peace, says Chinese defence ministry

The ministry said both countries hold the wherewithal to resolve the situation through established communication mechanisms without directly commenting on US President Donald Trump’s offer to mediate between Beijing and New Delhi around the boundary problem.

The ministry’s first statement can be purchased in the backdrop of the standoff in eastern Ladakh between your militaries of China and India this month.

“China’s position around the China-India border is apparent. The Chinese border troops are devoted to maintaining peace and tranquility in the border areas,” defence ministry spokesperson, Senior Colonel Ren Guoqiang said with the monthly ministry briefing on Thursday.

“At present, the problem within the China-India border areas is stable and controllable in the whole,” Ren said on the briefing, which had been held online in Mandarin.

“The two sides have the ability to communicate and solve relevant issues with the established border-related mechanisms and diplomatic channels,” Ren added.

The defence ministry’s reaction to a matter on the India-China border situation on Thursday was almost word-to-word exactly like chinese people foreign ministry’s statement on Wednesday – controllable” and “stable being one of many specific phrases that had been repeated.

Also Read: No end to tense Ladakh standoff in sight as India, China hold ground

It is actually possibly a sign that the Chinese government is not really prepared to enable the situation to worsen using a war of words with New Delhi.

To make certain, India has rejected China’s assertion that its troops had completed illegal constructions all over the LAC.

“India is committed to the goal of upkeep of peace and tranquility from the border areas with China and our armed forces scrupulously keep to the consensus reached by our leaders and the guidance provided. As well, we remain firm in your resolve to guarantee India’s sovereignty and national security,” Anurag Srivastav, external affairs ministry spokesperson said earlier in the week.

Whilst the Chinese government is yet to officially reply to Trump’s offer to mediate, state-controlled media here has dismissed the united states President’s proposal, that he had tweeted.

“The latest dispute may be solved bilaterally by India and China. Both the countries ought to keep alert about the US, which exploits every chance to create waves that jeopardize regional peace and order,” the nationalistic tabloid Global Times said in the comment piece.

Titled “China, India don’t need US help on the frictions”, it said: “It seems Trump finally is aware that China and India, both largest Asian powers, share borders. Early this current year, An Extremely Stable Genius, a magazine created by two Washington Post journalists, shown that Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi was shocked and concerned when Trump told him India and China did not share a border.”

“Last year, India declined Trump’s offer to ‘help’ and ‘mediate’ between India and Pakistan over Kashmir, a challenge India stressed can only be discussed bilaterally. India perhaps has become conscious of the US’ bad background of mediation wherein the US made troubles as an alternative to solved problems, and which turned bilateral disputes into multilateral ones,” it said.

“As I’ve informed you, we have been engaged using the Chinese side to peacefully resolve this issue,” Srivastava said when asked about Trump’s tweet on Thursday.