Apple is the front runner in issuing advanced technology through its watches. An Apple Watch is the smartest device that tracks your sleep and medications, monitors your heartbeat, keeps you on schedule in this fast-paced world, and more. You just have to pair it with your smartphone and you are good to go on your day.
A frozen Apple Watch is a bummer when you depend on it for so many things. But just like any other tech device, Apple Watches face issues too. Its screen might stop responding to taps and/or swipes suddenly and there’s nothing you can do but forcibly restart it.
Meanwhile, if you are looking for a trendsetting Apple Watch band for your Apple Watch, Writscam is your tech stop. It offers its customers voguish features and style that you cannot just miss. Its super easy video messaging feature is the eye-catcher that captures the best moments of your day with just a click. With its 8GB storage and other unique features, Wristcam will become the permanent tech friend of your life.
How Do You Reset an Apple Watch?
You must restart or reset the Apple Watch if it stops responding to your touches, no matter the generation it comes from. Do not stress over a frozen Apple Watch screen because a simple restart will solve the issue. We have brought to you the 3 step-answer to the query “how do you reset an Apple Watch?” Here’s how you do it:
- Find the button on the side of the Apple Watch and hold it down until you see a pop-up on its screen. The pop-up will show three options: emergency SOS, Medical ID, and Power off.
- Swipe right to turn the Power OFF. This will turn off the device.
- Now turn on the watch by pressing and holding the same side button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
How Do You Reset an Apple Watch Forcibly?
But what if your Apple Watch is still frozen after a reset? You must restart it forcibly by pressing an additional button. Here’s what you can do:
- Find the button on the Apple Watch’s side and press it along with the Digital Crown (the revolving button on the side). Hold them down until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- Your Apple Watch has rebooted and now you need to enter its passcode. Keep your passcode handy before you restart it.
There, you have successfully restarted your Apple Watch!
But what if you forgot your passcode? Go to your iPhone’s Watch app and wipe the device from it. Restore the same from a backup and you have your passcode.
The Bottom Line on Resetting an Apple Watch
Generally, an Apple Watch shouldn’t freeze. Keep your Apple Watch software updated from time to time and update your iPhone to the latest iOS. Resetting an Apple Watch is not much of a hassle. Simply, power it down and restart it again to get your Apple Watch back on track from a frozen state. If a simple restart does not work, you need to force restart it which might require you to put in the watch’s passcode. Do you have your passcode in hand? Wipe off your device from your iPhone and restore it to get back the passcode.
- How do you reset an Apple Watch?
You might need to reset your Apple Watch if it suddenly stops responding to taps and swipes. You could try switching it off and on if its screen freezes but it still shows no signs of life, you should try resetting it. Here’s how:
- Push the side button on the watch and wait for the screen prompt for turning off the device.
- Drag the Power Off adjuster with your finger (your watch is now off)
- To switch on the watch, push and hold the side button till the screen comes alive.
- How to hard reset an Apple Watch?
If your Apple Watch screen freezes or stops responding to taps or swipes, you need to try resetting it by clicking on the side button. If a reset does not help, try hard resetting it by following these instructions:
- Press the side button and the Digital Crown (the revolving side button) together.
- Hold these two buttons until the Apple logo shows on the screen.
- Why can’t you reset your Apple Watch?
If you have forgotten the passcode of your Apple Watch and you need to reset it, place your Watch on charge and press and hold its side button until the watch switches off. Now, press and hold the Digital Crown until an Erase All content appears. Click on that and you will reach the settings. Tap on reset and wait for the process to complete.
- Why is your Apple Watch stuck on the Apple logo?
Your Apple Watch is on a boot loop if its screen is stuck on the Apple Watch logo. You can try to break it by hard resetting it. The hard resetting steps are the same irrespective of your Apple Watch model. Press the Digital Crown and the side button together for at least 10 seconds until you see that the device has been hard reset.
- What happens when force restart doesn’t work on Apple Watch?
If hard resetting doesn’t work, put your Apple Watch on charge for at least 2 hours. Then try resetting it until you see the Apple logo on the screen. If you are forced to restart while charging, make sure you press the side button and the Digital Crown together for at least 10 seconds.