A dental implant is a surgical fixture placed into the jawbone and allowed to fuse with the bone over time. The implant is placed into the jawbone by a trained and qualified dental implant in Scottsdale, typically an oral surgeon or a periodontist. The implant is allowed to fuse with the bone over time, which helps to anchor the prosthetic securely in the mouth. Tooth Implant Scottsdale is a popular and effective way to replace missing teeth.
What are the 8 Long-Term Benefits of Dental Implants in Scottsdale?
- Fuller and More Youthful Facial Appearance – When a person loses a tooth, the jawbone in that area begins to shrink and recede over time. This can cause the remaining teeth to shift and can also cause the face to appear sunken or older. Implant Dentist Scottsdale can prevent this from happening by replacing the missing tooth root and stimulating the jawbone to continue to grow and maintain its shape.
- A natural look and feel – Dental implants can give a natural look and feel in several ways like customization, function, durability, maintenance, and comfort. The restorations, such as crowns, bridges, or dentures, can be custom-made to match the shape, size, and color of a person’s natural teeth. Its stability allows dental implants to function much like natural teeth, allowing for normal biting and chewing. In terms of appearance, dental implants can be customized to match the shape, color, and size of the surrounding natural teeth.
- Permanent Boost to Self-Confidence – Dental implants can provide a permanent boost to self-confidence in several ways. It replaces missing or damaged teeth and restores a person’s smile to its natural appearance. Implant Dentistry Scottsdale helps to preserve the natural contours of the jaw and face, and also promotes better oral health by preventing the remaining teeth from shifting and preventing the jaw bone from shrinking.
- Long-term solutions to tooth loss – Dental implants are made of reliable materials such as titanium and are designed to last for many years, even a lifetime with proper care. They are resistant to decay and are not subject to wear and tear like natural teeth. They act as artificial tooth roots and stimulate the jawbone, preventing it from shrinking and preserving its shape. Scottsdale dentists have a high success rate and have been used for decades. Many studies and research shows their effectiveness in providing long-term solutions for tooth loss.
- Preservation of Jawbone Density – Dental implants preserves jawbone density by mimicking the function of natural tooth roots. The jawbone begins to shrink and recede over time when the tooth is lost. This is because the natural stimulation from the tooth roots that helps to maintain the jawbone’s density is no longer present. Biocompatible material like titanium is used in the process which is called osseointegration.
- Easy to care for – Dental implants are relatively easy to care for and maintain. The care for dental implants is similar to that of natural teeth, which includes brushing, flossing, rinsing, regular dental check-ups, and avoiding certain Foods. In addition, it’s also important to follow the instructions and recommendations of your dentist regarding the care and maintenance of your implant, as they may have specific instructions and recommendations for you.
- Functional and Well-Aligned Bites – A dental implant is a small titanium post that is surgically placed into the jawbone to change the root of a missing tooth. The implant serves as a foundation for a replacement tooth or bridge. After this, the implant is merged with the jawbone by a small connector called an abutment. The substitute tooth or bridge is then connected with the abutment.
- Comfortable Speech and Chewing – Dental implants provide comfortable speech and chewing because they mimic the natural tooth structure. Because the implant is securely anchored in the jawbone, it can support a replacement tooth or bridge in a stable and secure manner, which allows for comfortable and natural speech.
Dental implants offer several benefits for those who miss one or more teeth. They help in giving you a safe and comfortable foundation for the missing teeth, which helps in providing an operative and well-aligned bite. Dentist Scottsdale can help you choose whether an implant is a good option for you or whether another dental prosthesis is better.