Isn’t sleep the only thing that comes for free in addition to peace? We’d be disturbed if we didn’t get a sound sleep. When I say “sound full sleep,” I’m referring to a comfortable 8-hour rest. Some people fall asleep, whenever they close their eyes, but some others literally take hours to get into a deep sleep. A comfortable bed with a soft pillow can ensure a restful night’s sleep. If you rest your head, it will spin like a top, so it is best to determine which type of cushion you will use to rest your head for a solid 8 hours.
Basically, memory foam technology was developed by NASA in 1966, so that astronauts can have safer landings. Memory foam pillows are ideal for folks who might feel uncomfortable placing their head on a regular cushion. In general, many orthopedics recommend using a memory foam pillow to balance your body’s muscles and make a good posture. Memory foam pillows are soft, responsive, and supportive cushions that can help relieve discomfort in your body muscles. There are still debates over whether buying a memory foam cushion is good for your health or not.
Memory foam pillow benefits:
Basically, memory foam pillows assist you in appropriately aligning or shaping your spine. One of the primary benefits of using memory foam pillows is that it will help you with muscle-related ailments in forming a good posture. The weight and warmth of your body allow the foam to reconfigure itself when you set your head and neck on the cushion. This allows the cushion to provide more support under the head’s heaviest regions while also supporting the lighter, more pressure-sensitive neck area and facilitating blood flow.
Alleviates pressure points:
A memory foam pillow supports your neck and head by uniformly dispersing pressure across uncomfortable places. Right? We’ve all been addicted to electrical gadgets that lead our necks to bend 180 degrees and not lift for a second. Working from home (WFH) was also harmful for our backs because it required us to sit for long periods of time and look at a screen. A foam pillow accomplishes this by applying heat in uniform pressure to your neck and head points while you sleep. For example, foam molds require a certain degree of warmth on your sore spot, as well as an even weight distribution to relieve pressure points.
Hygenic to use:
As previously stated, NASA invented foam pillows for astronauts on the space shuttle to sleep comfortably; they are constructed of inorganic fibers that are resistant to dust mites, pet dander, and other common allergens. As a result, foam pillows are regarded non-toxic and primarily hypoallergenic pillows that can be used by those with asthma and dust allergies to put their heads on.
Foam pillows, unlike regular mattresses or pillows, have unquestionably high durability and can last for many years. Normal mattresses have a lifespan of 1-2 years, whereas memory foam mattresses have a lifespan of 2-4 years.
Another significant benefit of memory foam pillows is their comfort. Memory foam pillows come with a soft and firm cushion that provides maximum comfortability.
For whatever bed size, memory foam mattresses are the finest option. It is very moldable and provides a supporting sleeping position for each individual. These types of pillows are also collapsible and portable.
Appropriate for all sleeping positions
As we all know, everyone has their own preferred sleeping position; some people prefer to sleep on their backs, while others prefer to sleep on their sides.
Disadvantages of memory foam pillows:
Due to the use of items such as foam, plastic, and thick adhesives, memory foam pillows might emit a chemical-like odor. Off-gassing is another name for this. Sleepers with sensitive noses may find this aggravating. The pungent odor might linger for weeks before dissipating. However, airing out typically takes only a few days.
Produce body heat
Another downside is that these beds have a tendency to retain heat from the body. This implies that throughout the summer, sleeping could become hot and uncomfortable. For people who live in hot locations with a lot of humidity in the air, this can quickly become a problem.
The dense foam can be both a benefit and a drawback. Because of the density, the mattress is extremely heavy and difficult to move. This implies that one person may not be able to set up the mattress on their own at first.
A periodic shift in sleeping stances
If you roll around a lot at night and want to try out new positions, memory foam mattresses may be a problem for you. From one position to the next, the memory foam will take some time to adjust.
These mattresses aren’t designed to be used in wet environments. You should avoid any form of moisture coming into contact with your mattress. This can hasten the mattress’s degradation, reducing its useful life. Cleaning becomes more difficult as a result of this.
Because these beds are long-lasting and of high quality, they are not inexpensive. The expensive cost of memory foam is well-known.
Who shouldn’t use memory foam pillows?
- Children below 2 years old should use memory foam pillows, as the adult-sized would be big for small children, and that make them suffocate
- allergy reactions to chemicals, because memory foam pillows are manufactured with the help of Visco-elastic foam, petroleum-related foam.
Who should use memory foam pillows?
- People with a stiff or rigid neck pain
- People suffering from headaches
- People suffering from Backpain
- Injured person
Types of Memory foam pillows:
1. Balance Orthopedic: Knitted fabric with memory foam quilting, 5 zones of orthopedic support layers, and jacquard woven fabric make up this mattress. Improve blood circulation and reduce pressure build-up.
2. Living Memory foam mattress: It offers modest cushioning and back support. It also comes with triple Anti-Microbial Treatment for a healthier sleeping environment. Its comfort level is medium-firm.
3. Live in Orthopedic: The advanced back support, spinal alignment, and postural correction provided by the LiveIn Orthopedic mattress. It features a 5-zoned orthopedic layer and a unique Triple Anti Microbial Fabric.
4. NRG 20 pocket spring: This mattress features a 3-zoned Active NRG Layer and a 3-zoned pocket spring layer to provide you with the best support and bounce. It also ensures that you have a peaceful night’s sleep with no interruptions from your companion. The anti-stress fabric used in the NRG 20 is knitted.
5. NRG 40 cube cell memory foam mattress: The 3-Zoned Active NRG Layer on this mattress delivers optimal spinal alignment and zonal back support. It also contains a QUBE Cell Technology Layer that has been particularly created. Anti-stress characteristics are also included in this mattress.
6. Posture perfect pocket spring orthopedic: Memory foam contoured cushioning and innovative 5-zoned orthopedic support are featured in this mattress. This mattress delivers excellent postural alignment, back support, and just the proper amount of firmness with plenty of durabilities.
7. Strength memory foam coir orthopedic: This mattress is strongly suggested for deep sleep. It has 5 zones of support and is made of high-density coir for solid support and natural cooling.
Memory foam mattresses have a lot of amazing qualities that will entice you to buy one. Investing in a memory foam mattress could be a wise investment. It may assist you in falling asleep and preventing you from waking up during the night. However, make sure to check over the stated characteristics to see whether they’ll be the greatest fit for you. The mattress has its own set of benefits and drawbacks, so make sure the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.