Table of Contents
In the world of reality television, few families have captured our hearts and attention like the Braxtons. “Braxton Family Values” (BFV) introduced us to the captivating lives of Toni, Traci, Towanda, Trina, Tamar, and their mother, Evelyn Braxton. Since its debut in 2011, the show has been a rollercoaster of emotions, drama, and, most importantly, family bonds. But what has happened to the Braxton Family Values cast since the show concluded? Are they planning a reboot? Let’s dive into their current whereabouts and explore the possibility of a revival.
The Rise of “Braxton Family Values”
“Braxton Family Values” made its debut on WE tv on April 12, 2011, offering viewers an intimate look into the lives of the Braxton sisters. Critics praised the show, and it quickly gained the reputation of a “guilty pleasure” among audiences. The fourth season was a standout, with a 1.5 million-strong viewership, marking an impressive 8% increase compared to previous seasons.
The show’s success led to a spin-off series, “Tamar & Vince,” which focused on Tamar Braxton and her then-husband Vince Herbert. It was a unique venture for Grammy-winning singer Toni Braxton, who shared her family’s triumphs and tribulations with the world. From marriages to divorces, raising children to confronting family issues head-on, the Braxton sisters held nothing back.
The End of an Era
After nine captivating seasons, “Braxton Family Values” concluded in December 2020. However, the end of the show was not without its controversies. In particular, Tamar Braxton and her sisters discussed their dissatisfaction with how the network portrayed their family. Known for their candor on the show, they openly shared their grievances about their portrayal and the handling of family matters on television.
A Potential Reboot
Surprising fans in November 2023, reports emerged suggesting a potential revival of “Braxton Family Values.” Despite past issues and controversies, the Braxton sisters are reportedly in talks with WE tv for a reboot of the beloved reality series. This news has reignited anticipation among fans who have followed the Braxton family’s journey over the years.
Where Are They Now?
Let’s take a closer look at the current status of the Braxton Family Values cast:
Toni Braxton, now in her 50s, continues to thrive. She has made appearances in Lifetime movies and on stage. Beyond entertainment, Toni has ventured into the beauty industry with her cosmetics line, Nude Sugar. In 2023, she celebrated her 56th birthday and remains happily engaged to her longtime beau, Birdman.
Tamar faced a fallout with WeTV executives in 2020, leading to the end of “Braxton Family Values.” However, she didn’t let that stop her. Tamar returned to her music career and kicked off her Love and War tour in 2023. She also made an appearance on Peacock’s Queen’s Court. While she got engaged to Jeremy “JR” Robinson on the show, they announced their split in October 2023 after a year together.
Traci Braxton, known as the family’s “wild child,” passed away in March 2022 after a private battle with Esophageal cancer. Her passing left a void in the hearts of her sisters, brother, parents, husband Kevin Surratt, and their son, Kevin Jr.
Affectionately known as “Madam E,” Evelyn Braxton has transitioned into a life coach and minister. She spreads positivity to those grieving a child or loved one and shares her culinary skills on YouTube.
Trina has found her place, having launched a candle company called S. Cents Candle, and her hot sauce brand, Bar Chix. She’s been happily married to Von Scales since 2019. Trina enjoys cooking with her mom, Evelyn, and cherishes her time with her sons, Eric and Caleb.
Once Toni’s assistant, Towanda opened up about her divorce on the show. Now, she resides comfortably in Atlanta. Towanda shaved her head in support of her sister Traci during her battle with cancer and continues to embrace this look.
Where to Watch Braxton Family Values?
For those eager to relive the Braxton family’s journey, you can catch “Braxton Family Values” on Hulu. Hulu offers a convenient online streaming experience, and you can even take advantage of their free trial to explore the captivating dynamics of the Braxton family without any commitment. It’s a flexible way to immerse yourself in the narratives and familial dynamics of the Braxton sisters.
Hulu subscribers not only gain access to “Braxton Family Values” but also a diverse range of other engaging content. So, if you’re a fan of the Braxton family’s reality TV journey, consider starting your free trial on Hulu to join in on the excitement.
Braxton Family Values Cast: Where are They Now – FAQs
- What is Toni Braxton up to now? Toni Braxton remains vibrant in her 50s, balancing appearances in Lifetime movies and on stage. She has ventured into the beauty industry with her cosmetics line, Nude Sugar, and celebrated her 56th birthday in 2023. Toni is happily engaged to her longtime beau, Birdman.
- How has Tamar Braxton’s life changed post-Braxton Family Values? After a fallout with WeTV executives in 2020, Tamar embarked on her Love and War tour in 2023, commemorating the 10th anniversary of her debut song. She briefly appeared on Peacock’s Queen’s Court to find love, getting engaged to Jeremy “JR” Robinson, though they announced their split in October 2023.
- What is the status of Traci Braxton since the show’s end? Traci Braxton tragically passed away in March 2022 at the age of 50 due to Esophageal cancer. Her legacy lives on through her family, including her sisters, brother, husband Kevin Surratt, and their son, Kevin Jr.
- How is Evelyn Braxton contributing to the entertainment scene now? Known as “Madam E,” Evelyn Braxton has transitioned into a life coach and minister. She uses her platform to spread positivity, particularly to those grieving a child or loved one. Additionally, she shares her culinary skills on YouTube with her cooking channel, Cooking with Ms. E.
- What ventures is Trina Braxton currently involved in? Trina Braxton has moved forward after enduring the losses of Gabe and Traci to cancer. She owns a candle company, S. Cents Candle, and her hot sauce brand, Bar Chix, which she previously discussed on Braxton Family Values. In her personal life, she enjoys cooking with her mom, Evelyn, and spending time with her sons and husband Von Scales.
The Braxton Family Values cast has taken divergent paths since the end of their iconic show. While some have pursued their passions and thrived, others have faced profound challenges. Nevertheless, their journey continues to captivate audiences, and the possibility of a reboot has reignited the excitement of fans worldwide.
Get ready to dive back into the world of the Braxtons and relive the drama, love, and laughter that made “Braxton Family Values” a beloved reality TV series.