Olympiad is the competitive examination that is conducted at the school level from classes 1 to 12. The examination is having objective-type questions. It helps to identify the potential and logical thinking capacity of students. Its results show where the student is standing.
THERE ARE MANY BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING IN THE MATHS OLYMPIAD:
• It helps the student to understand the concepts.
• It enhances the skills of logical reasoning, thinking, analytical skills improvement
• Build the confidence in participants
• Improves the overall result
• It build-up the confidence for future competitive exams
• Profile building
SYLLABUS AND PATTERN FOR MATHS OLYMPIAD CLASS 7TH
The total number of questions asked is 35 and the time duration for solving them is 1 hour. The 60% level-I questions will be asked from class 7 and 40% from class 6. Level 2 questions are asked from class 7
Section-1 (Logical Reasoning): NUMBER OF QUESTIONS ASKED ARE 15. TOPIC: VERBAL AND NON VERBAL REASONING
Section-2 (Mathematical Reasoning): NUMBER OF QUESTIONS ASKED ARE 20. TOPICS :
• Exponents and Powers
• Algebraic Expressions
• Simple Linear Equations
• Lines and Angles
• Comparing Quantities
• Fractions and Decimals
• The Triangle and its Properties
• Congruence of Triangles
• Perimeter and Area, Data Handling
• Rational Numbers
• Visualizing Solid Shapes
• Practical Geometry.
Section-3 (Everyday Mathematics): NUMBER OF QUESTIONS ASKED ARE 10. TOPIC: MATHEMATICAL REASONING
Section 4 – Achievers Section: NUMBER OF QUESTIONS ASKED ARE 5 : TOPIC: HIGHER ORDER THINKING QUESTIONS
TIPS TO CLEAR CLASS 7TH MATHS OLYMPIAD
1. UNDERSTAND THE PATTERN AND SYLLABUS OF EXAMINATION: There are 3 sections in the examination
• Section 1 is for logical reasoning
• Section 2 is for Mathematical reasoning
• Section 3 is for every mathematics or HIGHER ORDER THINKING QUESTIONS (HOTS)
Segregate the topic into 3 parts :
• Topics in which you were Perfect
• Topics in which you were Fair
• Topics in which you are not good
After segregation, start from that topic in which you were confident, and in the end, do the topics in which you are not good, and focus on these topics to make them confident. The segregation of topics helps students to start preparation and make the strategy for preparing for the examination.
3. TIME TABLE :
Make a straightforward timetable and follow it consistently. For making a timetable, management should be like that your school syllabus and olympiad syllabus should not have any effect on each other. Follow the timetable strictly with constant dedication for learning
4. Understanding the difficulty and complexity of the exam: The difficulty & complexity level of questions will be varying. There will be testing of concepts and fundamentals of each & every student through every Indian Talent Olympiad examination. The question paper will also include logical reasoning and problem-solving questions which will not be in the direct question, students analytical and reasoning skills will be tested through these questions.
“Practice is the only way to success”. In mathematics olympiads, preparation practice is the key point. While preparing for the Math Olympiad, you should increase practice for your problem-solving skills improvement. There are many problems that students find difficult when they go to the Olympiad exam. Therefore, if you plan to take the exam, you should practice the maths problems that you find difficult. Practice as many questions as possible for preparation.
6. HIGHER-ORDER THINKING QUESTIONS:
These are the questions based on the thinking and logical reasoning questions. The number of questions in the examination from this part is 5 and each question carries 3 marks which is a high weightage approximately in the exam. Many students are not able to attend to these questions. So prepare for these questions to score well. For preparing these types of questions do practice from books and many sample papers.
7. SAMPLE PAPERS:
Sample papers give an idea of the questions asked in the exam, the difficulty, and the complexity of the questions. Students can take Class 7 IMO Question Paper 2015 as a practice sample paper for knowing the complexity of the exam. Track your progress and check how many questions you could attempt correctly within the given time limit. You may also want to check online for Olympiad sample questions. On the official site of NSO, the practice paper and sample paper are Also there, students can also practice from there.
8. MAKE THE CONCEPTS THOROUGH :
Topics which you have understood, revise them at an interval of time so that the concepts become clear to you. The questions asked in the exams are tricky, so practising them makes the student master that topic. Go through each topic at least 2-3 times before final revisions. Making the concepts clear makes the journey easy.
9. FORMULAS AND EQUATIONS:
These are the key factors of mathematics. The basic factor of mathematics is the formula. In examinations, many students get confused between many formulas. So before the examination students should be well known with every formula so that they can solve the examination easily.
Revision is the most important part of the preparation. It is the backbone of preparation for examinations. It is important because by doing Revision the topics which are escaped while studying or preparing are covered in this part. Revision of topics builds confidence in students. Revision helps students to remember facts, formulas, topics, Equations, etc. Which are useful in the examination.
11. BE MOTIVATED AND HEALTHY :
Many students before exams take stress and depression to overcome this problem. Share your feelings with your close ones, because being depressed in the examination may affect the scores in the exam and make your grade affected. Many students don’t even concentrate on exams due to this issue. Do meditation every day because it increases the concentration ability. Take a healthy diet and enriched nutritional food which helps in the regulation of energy in the body.