Table of Contents
Individuals who notice redness on the white part of the eye should immediately consult the best eye specialist in Lahore. The specialist will examine and conduct relevant tests to diagnose the disease and evaluate its severity. It will help in opting for the suitable treatment that will allow for smooth recovery without further complications. An early diagnosis allows timely treatment to help the patient function adequately in every aspect of life.
Corneal inflammation is commonly known as keratitis. The condition affects the vision due to inflammation. Individuals suffering from corneal inflammation must immediately seek medical attention as it may lead to permanent blindness and scarring. The symptoms of corneal inflammation are:
- The patient experiences constant pain in the eye, which affects their function.
- The caregivers and close friends can notice red and swelling near the eye.
- The patient can notice changes in the vision; things appear blurry, leading to anxiety.
- The patient suffers from light sensitivity hindering their overall performance.
- The patient experiences excessive tearing, which can cause discomfort.
- The patient can notice their vision worsens with time without treatment.
The known causes of corneal inflammation are:
- Individuals who use lenses should remain vigilant and clean them before using them. Also, they must change their lens every six months, as it can contain bacteria or fungi that lead to corneal inflammation.
- Individuals who have contracted herpes zoster and herpes simplex are more likely to suffer from vision problems, including corneal inflammation.
- Individuals who swim in contaminated water are more likely to suffer from corneal inflammation. Also, chemicals in the swimming pools can lead to corneal inflammation.
- Eye trauma or injury can lead to inflammation and affect the vision.
- Individuals who exhibit symptoms of dry eyes should use drops or consult a specialist to avoid corneal inflammation.
- The abnormalities in the eyelids can affect vision and cause corneal inflammation.
- The people at risk of suffering from corneal inflammation include:
- People suffering from autoimmune diseases are more prone to contract infections that can lead to inflammation.
- Individuals using corticosteroids are more likely to suffer from multiple side effects, including corneal inflammation.
The complications associated with corneal inflammation are:
- The patient suffering from corneal inflammation should take treatment to avoid ulcers in the eyes.
- Without treatment, it can lead to permanent blindness.
- Corneal inflammation can lead to scarring and affect the functioning of the eyes.
The preventive measures that help minimize the risk of corneal inflammation are:
- Individuals should disinfect the lenses and wash their hands before using them.
- Individuals using lenses daily should opt for alternatives such as TransPRK, LASIK, or eyesight glasses.
- People should change lenses every six months to avoid contracting infections.
- People should be aware of the side effects of the medications and take alternatives if possible.
- People with dry eyes should consult a specialist to prevent complications.
The tests that assist in diagnosing corneal inflammation are:
- The eye examination helps check the clarity of the vision. Also, the specialist will check if there is redness that indicates keratitis.
- The penlight examination helps detect abnormality in the size and shape of the cornea.
- The slit lamp examination views help detect the abnormality in the eyes to rule out other possibilities.
- The tear sample is examined in the lamp to detect the presence of bacteria or fungi that causes corneal inflammation.
The medications that help in treating corneal inflammation are:
- Use of Antibacterial Eye Drops: Individuals suffering from inflammation due to the presence of bacteria. The drops help fight and kill the bacteria.
- Use of Anti-Fungal Eye Drops: If the cause of inflammation is the fungi, then the patient is given anti-fungal eye drops for instant relief.
- Use of Antivirals: The medication helps reduce the chances or reoccurrence of bacteria or fungi causing corneal inflammation.
Individuals suffering from inflammation and redness should immediately visit a competent and reliable specialist at Ali Medical Centre. The specialist will provide guidance regarding the most effective and latest treatment options for smooth recovery.