Table of Contents
The world of hip-hop and rap was shaken on August 4, 2020, when Chicago drill rapper FBG Duck, known by his real name Carlton Weekly, met a tragic end in a targeted attack. This incident left fans and the music industry in shock. In this article, we will delve into the details of what happened to FBG Duck and the recent developments that have brought some closure to the late artist’s family.
The Targeted Attack
On that fateful day in August 2020, FBG Duck was fatally shot while shopping in Chicago. This was no random act of violence; it was a targeted attack believed to be connected to ongoing tensions between FBG Duck and rival rapper King Von. Their diss tracks had ignited a feud that had escalated to a dangerous level.
The Gang Affiliations
FBG Duck was associated with the Tookaville faction of the Gangster Disciples, a notorious street gang in Chicago. The attackers were allegedly affiliated with the O-Block set of the Black Disciples, another well-known gang in the city. The tension between these rival factions only added fuel to the fire.
Arrests and Convictions
In October 2021, FBG Duck’s mother shared on Instagram that multiple arrests had been made in connection with her son’s death. The recent verdict on January 18, 2024, brought a sense of justice as it revealed that six gang members involved in the shooting had been convicted and would face mandatory life sentences.
The trial, which lasted over three months, relied on surveillance footage and social media videos to link the suspects to the crime. Among those found guilty were Charles Liggins, one of the primary shooters, Kenneth Roberson, and Tacarlos Offerd, alleged getaway drivers. Marcus Smart, Christopher Thomas, and Ralph Turpin were also convicted for their roles in the murder.
FBG Duck’s Legacy
FBG Duck was a significant figure in the Chicago drill scene, known for his breakout single “Slide.” He was signed to the RECORDS division of Sony Music Entertainment, which further boosted his career. Despite his untimely demise, FBG Duck’s music and influence continue to resonate with fans.
Who was FBG Duck?
FBG Duck, born as Carlton Weekly, was a talented Chicago rapper who made a name for himself in the underground rap scene. He was a member of the ‘Fly Boys Gang’ (FBG) and gained recognition for his hit single “Slide.”
Tragically, FBG Duck was shot and killed in broad daylight on August 4, 2020, outside a high-end store in Chicago’s Gold Coast area. The attack involved four masked shooters who fired multiple rounds, ultimately leading to FBG Duck’s fatal injuries. His girlfriend and another individual who were with him at the time also suffered injuries in the attack.
FBG Duck’s death was a result of an ongoing gang conflict. He was associated with the Gangster Disciples faction known as Tooka Gang, while the killing was allegedly orchestrated by someone affiliated with the Black Disciples street gang, who had offered a substantial bounty for FBG Duck’s murder.
What Happened To FBG Duck – FAQs
- What were the circumstances surrounding FBG Duck’s death?
- FBG Duck was fatally shot in a targeted attack on August 4, 2020, in what is believed to be a gang-related incident while he was shopping in Chicago.
- Were there any arrests made in connection to FBG Duck’s murder?
- Yes, in October 2021, FBG Duck’s mother announced on Instagram that multiple arrests had been made in connection to her son’s death.
- What was the motive behind FBG Duck’s murder?
- The incident was believed to be retaliation for diss tracks between FBG Duck and fellow Chicago rapper King Von, leading to a gang-related shooting.
- How did the trial unfold, and what evidence was presented?
- The trial lasted over three months, utilizing surveillance and social media videos to link the suspects to the crime, ultimately leading to guilty verdicts.
- How did FBG Duck’s family react to the verdict?
- FBG Duck’s mother expressed gratitude, thanking the United States government for bringing her son’s killers to justice and providing closure to their family.
In conclusion, the tragic end of FBG Duck sent shockwaves through the music industry and the streets of Chicago. While his life was cut short, the recent convictions offer a semblance of justice and closure to his grieving family and fans. The legacy of FBG Duck lives on through his music, reminding us of the impact he made during his time in the spotlight.