Table of Contents
On December 18, 2023, the city of Milwaukee was shaken by a tragic incident – the killing of two local rappers, Jigg and Celly Cell, in a double shooting. This event has not only left a void in the music community but has also added to the alarming rise in violence within the city. As of now, the case remains unsolved, and authorities are seeking the public’s assistance in shedding light on this unfortunate incident.
The Tragic Night: What Happened to Jigg And Celly Cell?
Joevon “Jigg” Wilder and his fellow rapper, known as Celly Cell, both hailing from Milwaukee, lost their lives in the early hours of December 18, 2023, at North 20th Street. This heartbreaking incident is part of a disturbing trend of increasing homicides in the city. Jigg, a young artist with dreams of a thriving music career, had plans to leave Milwaukee behind and pursue his passion full-time.
The shooting that claimed their lives remains a mystery, with no clear leads. Law enforcement is urging anyone with information to come forward, emphasizing that even the smallest details can be vital to solving the case. They can be reached at 414-935-7360, or individuals wishing to remain anonymous can contact Crime Stoppers at 414-224-TIPS. Jigg, known for his hit track “No Hook,” had a significant influence on the local rap scene, while Celly Cell, with a smaller social media following, was also well-regarded by those who knew his work. This tragic event underscores the broader issue of escalating violence in Milwaukee.
Remembering Jigg: A Talented Milwaukee Rapper
Jigg, whose real name was Joevon Wilder, was a prominent figure in Milwaukee’s local rap scene. Tragically, he became a victim of the double shooting that took place on that fateful night in December 2023. Described as a loving and caring individual by his grandmother Peggy Wright, Jigg was not only a talented rapper but also a father. He had ambitious plans to bid farewell to Milwaukee and wholeheartedly commit himself to his musical aspirations.
One of his tracks, “No Hook,” gained immense popularity, amassing over 2.5 million views on YouTube. This success showcased his talent and helped him gain recognition in the rap scene. Collaborating with other artists, such as Chicken P for “Fast Cash Babies,” Jigg was celebrated for his authenticity and originality, contributing to the local rap scene and shining a spotlight on other Milwaukee-based artists.
Who Was Celly Cell?
Celly Cell, another local rapper from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, was also a part of the music community in the city. While he may not have achieved the same level of recognition as some of his peers, he had a modest presence on social media with around 5,000 Instagram followers.
It’s important to note that Celly Cell should not be confused with the Bay Area rapper of the same name. Tragically, he, too, met his untimely demise on that tragic night in December 2023, when he and Jigg were involved in the double shooting.
What Happened to Jigg And Celly Cell – FAQs
- What happened to Jigg and Celly Cell? Jigg and Celly Cell, local Milwaukee rappers, were tragically killed in a double shooting on December 18, 2023, contributing to the city’s rising violence. The incident remains unsolved, prompting a police plea for public assistance.
- Who is Jigg? Jigg, also known as Joevon Wilder, was a local rapper in Milwaukee. Recognized for his song “No Hook,” he was a caring individual with plans to leave the city and pursue a full-time music career. Unfortunately, he became a victim of a fatal shooting.
- Who is Celly Cell? Celly Cell was a local rapper in Milwaukee with some recognition in the music scene. Despite having a smaller following, he was part of the city’s music community. Tragically, he, too, lost his life in the same double shooting incident as Jigg.
- Why are the police seeking public assistance? The shooting incident involving Jigg and Celly Cell remains unsolved, prompting the police to seek information from the public. Informants are encouraged to contact the authorities directly at 414-935-7360 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers at 414-224-TIPS.
- What impact did Jigg have on Milwaukee’s rap scene? Jigg, known for popular songs like “No Hook,” significantly impacted Milwaukee’s rap scene, bringing attention to other local artists. His tragic death underscores the broader issue of rising violence in the city.
In conclusion, the tragic deaths of Jigg and Celly Cell have left a void in Milwaukee’s music community. As the city grapples with increasing violence, their untimely demise serves as a stark reminder of the challenges faced by local artists and the urgent need for community support and cooperation to solve such cases.