Instant pots help us cook in the blink of an eye thanks to their multiple functions. That all-in-one combination of a slow cooker, pressure cooker, rice cooker, even a yogurt maker makes it ideal for all kinds of recipes. Learn with us about all these advantages as we show you two finger-licking good healthy instant pot meal recipes for you and your guests.
The joy of cooking in instant pots
There are plenty of reasons why you should start cooking in instant pots, let’s take a look at a few:
- The food will cook much faster. If a traditional chicken breast recipe takes 2 hours to cook in the oven, with an instant pressure cooker, the time reduces to just 55 minutes.
- Instant pots are usually insulated, which means they need less energy to heat, they’re eco-friendly!
- Instant pot recipes require minimal preparation, some even take no more than 10 minutes.
Two healthy instant pot meal recipes
We bring you 2 healthy meal recipes for your instant pots. You can’t miss them!
For a quick breakfast, egg bites are delicious, tender, and fluffy. Follow these steps to make them:
- Add 1 cup of cold water to the 6 or 8 quart instant pot.
- Mix and beat the eggs in a large measuring cup (4 cups), add salt, pepper, water and baking powder.
- Pour the egg mixture into ramekins up to 2/3 full.
- Add your favorite toppings, such as meat, vegetables, or cheese.
- That’s it! Just close the lid, turn the valve to “sealed” and cook under pressure for 8 minutes.
If you love tacos, instant pot chicken tacos will fascinate you. You just need to follow these instructions:
- Place the chicken breasts, frozen or fresh, in the instant pot, add salsa and taco seasonings. Cooking time is 15 minutes for frozen breast, 12 minutes if it’s fresh.
- Mix the ingredients in the instant pot, set it and forget it, it will do the work for you.
- When it’s done, remove the chicken and place it in a shredding bowl. You can rehydrate the meat by adding ½ cup of broth of your choice.
- That’s it! You can now assemble the tacos using flour or corn tortillas and toppings to taste.
The best part about this recipe is that you can create your own versions. Use corn tortillas if you need gluten-free tacos, tabasco, or hot pepper flakes if you are a spicy lover, or add some broth along with your salsa for your chicken to be juicier. If you’re feeling bold, change the broth for pineapple or orange juice and surprise your palate!
Your instant pot lets you enjoy healthy food in just a few minutes. All you need to do is place the ingredients in the pot and set it to work for you. Egg bites and chicken tacos are only some of the numerous healthy instant pot recipes you can find. Take some time to try these and share them with your loved ones, they will surely thank you for the experience! What are you waiting for?