After all, wouldn’t you need to see thousands of reels with the same sound to know that it’s trending on Instagram?
We’ll give you some step-by-step instructions on how to find trending sounds for IG Reels if you want to stay ahead of the curve.
The best place to find trending audio for Instagram reels
You can find trending audio on Instagram in a number of ways. Here are a few different ways to find the most popular Reels tracks.
Feed from the reels
In the Reels explore page, you may find trending Reels audio based on what you see in the Feed.
As you swipe through IG Reels, locate the audio track used in the bottom left corner of the screen. Some tracks have a music note. Trending tracks have an upward arrow.
You can see how many Reels have already used this track by looking for Reels with an upward arrow next to the audio. Click to learn more.
You can either save the audio for later, send it to a friend or use it right away. If you decide to use the audio right away, you’ll need to record your reels.
Instagram’s Creators page
Instagram’s @creators page is a wonderful resource, especially if you’re trying to grow your audience! They even share posts about what audio is trending on Instagram.
Follow their page so you can discover trending sounds as they gain popularity and get tons of tips on how to boost your Instagram reel.
Adapted from TikTok
- Check out the trending sounds on TikTok if you’re already there!
- In some cases, TikTok and Instagram audio trends coincide, so if you pay attention to both apps, you may be one step ahead.
- In option A, tap the search icon in the top right corner. Type in “viral sounds,” “trending audio” or something similar.
- Within the Sounds tab, scroll down until you see a flame icon that says “TiKTok viral.” You’ll see a list of the top audio tracks for your videos.
- After that, hop back on Instagram, find those songs, and make your reel.
Top Instagram accounts
Besides following Instagram’s Creators page, you can also follow other pages to stay up to date with trending Instagram sounds. The fact that these accounts choose to use certain tracks may make these sounds go viral, so we suggest following them since they will likely be playing popular tracks.
- It’s likely that if @kyliejenner uses a certain trending sound for Reels, it will go big.
- @reelstips: You’ll find tons of information about creating engaging Reels – including what audio to use!
- @donte.colley: A dancer who creates content that will undoubtedly need some trendy songs…
- A skater who records Reels of herself with sounds and songs, which no doubt will become trending music on Instagram.
- You can also follow accounts relating to Instagram marketing, how to make reels, and music-loving creators.
IG audio FAQs that are trending
Here are a few more FAQs that can help. If you’d like more information on how to grow your Instagram account with Reels, click here.
Can you tell me where I can find trending Instagram Reels songs?
Here’s a brain dump to help you find trending Instagram audio:
- Take a look at the Billboard Top 100.
- Make sure you follow Instagram hashtags that your audience uses.
- Check out what big companies are doing in their reels.
- Keep an eye on what your competitors are using for audio.
- From your Explore page, click on Reels.
- Enjoy some pop culture.
- Follow celebrity and influencer accounts.
Set up your social media accounts to follow the right accounts instead of manually diving into all the suggestions above.
Just like any trend on Instagram Reels, the most popular audio can come and go within a day.
It’s a good idea to take a few minutes each day or each week to search for trending audio within your Instagram Reels Feed. Once you find trending audio, you’ll need to be prepared to act fast.
With the Mojo app, you can create awesome Reels in minutes! Just customize one of 500+ premade templates, drag and drop your media, and choose a trending song!
Reels 2022: What music is trending?
You should keep in mind that trending songs on Reels are not necessarily new songs on the radio. Oftentimes, older songs and sounds can suddenly become popular.
If you flip through your Reels page quickly (not watching the Reels), and you see the same audio used within 30 seconds, pay attention.
Don’t miss out on the latest Instagram Reels trends to increase engagement and exposure. It’s always a good idea to create new content for your Instagram page even if you don’t hit the nail on the head with the most popular Instagram sounds. Start creating video magic with Mojo!