Table of Contents
What to Know
- Go to System Preferences > Sound > Bluetooth > Flip Bluetooth On.
- Lengthy-press the facility button in your Bose headphones to enter pairing mode and choose Join.
- Energy off/on Bluetooth in your Mac in case your Bose headphones don’t seem from the record of obtainable gadgets and take a look at once more.
- This text walks by the steps for pairing Bose wi-fi headphones with a Mac by way of macOS Bluetooth preferences. These directions apply to Macs working
- macOS Huge Sur (11.0), macOS Catalina (10.15), and macOS Mojave (10.14).
The way to Pair Bose Headphones to Macs
- Use the Bluetooth preferences to arrange and use any set of wi-fi Bose headphones along with your Mac.
- Open System Preferences > Sound.
- System Preferences possibility from Apple drop-down menu on Mac
- You may also entry Bluetooth settings from the menu bar. Choose the Bluetooth icon after which select Open Bluetooth Preferences.
- Bluetooth icon from System Preferences on macOS
- Guarantee Bluetooth is on. If it isn’t, select Flip Bluetooth On to activate it.
- Bluetooth set to on within the macOS Bluetooth preferences dialog field
- Lengthy-press the facility button in your Bose headphones to enter pairing mode.
- You’ll know your headphones are in pairing mode while you see the blinking standing mild close to the Bluetooth icon.
- Search for your headphones on the backside portion of the Gadgets field and choose Join subsequent to your machine.
Join possibility subsequent to an accessible wi-fi machine from macOS Bluetooth preferences
Discover your Bose headphones listed on the prime of the Gadgets field with the Related message beneath the identify.
Related message listed beneath a related Bluetooth machine from macOS Bluetooth preferences
If you happen to do not see your Bose headphones from the accessible gadgets record, flip Bluetooth on and off once more in your Mac and re-enter pairing mode in your headphones.
Customise Bose Headphones Settings on Your Mac
When you’ve related your Bose headphones, you’ll be able to customise system sounds and sound settings on your headphones.
- Open System Preferences > Sound.
- Sound icon highlighted from macOS System Preferences
- You may also get to this menu from the Bluetooth icon within the menu bar. Hover over the identify of your Bose headphones underneath Gadgets after
- which select Open Sound Preferences.
From the Sound Results tab, choose the sound you’d prefer to obtain for alerts. Spotlight the identify to pick it and modify the amount by shifting the indicator on the Alert quantity bar.
Sound Results choices from the Sound settings on macOS
- To preview the sound, double-click the identify of the sound impact.
- Choose Output and use the toggle bars to regulate Steadiness and Output quantity.
- Output choices for related gadgets from macOS Sound settings
- You may also modify the output quantity from the opposite two tabs within the Sound dialog field: Sound Results and Enter.
- From the Enter tab, modify the enter quantity by shifting the toggle left or proper.
- Enter quantity settings for sound gadgets on macOS
Double-click the microphone icons to show the enter degree up or down. Make sure you don’t have the enter degree turned down solely if you wish to use the built-in microphone in your headphones.
The way to Disconnect Bose Headphones From a Mac
If you happen to use a number of pairs of Bose or Bluetooth headphones, it’s straightforward to modify between them. Disconnect the mannequin you’re not utilizing whereas nonetheless sustaining the pairing connection.
Open the Bluetooth menu and choose Open Bluetooth Preferences.
Open Bluetooth Preferences possibility from the Bluetooth menu icon
Choose and right-click the identify of your related Bose headphones and select Disconnect. Your headphones will nonetheless seem within the prime portion of the Gadgets record with Not Related beneath it.
- One other strategy: Choose the Bluetooth menu icon, click on the identify of your headphones, and choose Disconnect.
- Disconnect possibility from the Bluetooth icon on a Mac’s menu bar
- To reconnect, right-click the identify and choose Join.
- The way to Unpair Bose Headphones from Your Mac
- Whether or not it is advisable unpair as a result of connectivity points or in any other case, the method is quick.
- Open System Preferences > Bluetooth.
- Choose your headphones from Gadgets, right-click the identify, and choose Take away.
- Take away choice to unpair a tool from macOS Bluetooth preferences
A dialog field seems confirming you’ll need to pair your headphones to make use of them once more. Choose Take away to substantiate the deletion.
Take away dialog field to substantiate unpairing of a related Bluetooth machine on macOS
You may also advance this course of by highlighting the identify of your headphones underneath Gadgets and deciding on the x icon, which seems to the precise of its identify.
The way to Join Bose Headphones to Your iPhone
Is the Bose Join app accessible for Mac?
No. The Bose Join app is just accessible for iOS and Android.
Why will not my Bose headphones hook up with Mac?
If you happen to’re having bother pairing your Bose headphones, strive biking the facility on and off by holding the Energy button for 2 seconds till you hear the tones. Then, energy them again on by urgent and releasing the Energy button. You may also strive clearing the headphones’ pairing record by urgent and holding the Energy button for 10 seconds till you hear “Bluetooth machine record cleared.”
How do you reset Bose headphones?
Reset your Bose headphones by powering them off for 30 seconds. Then, plug them right into a USB energy provide and wait 5 seconds. Subsequent, unplug the wire from the headphones and wait one minute. Then, flip them on and ensure they’re working correctly.
How do you clear Bose headphones?
You possibly can clear your headphones utilizing a gentle, damp fabric to softly wipe the surface surfaces. Use water and delicate cleaning soap solely, and do not submerge the headphones in any liquid. If filth or particles will get into the headset earcups, you should use tweezers to rigorously take away it. Do not use a vacuum on the openings or blow air into them.