A home is our “safe harbor where we withdraw ourselves from the battles of life”, it’s a refuge from all the scary things outside your door.But it takes lots of vigilance to guard your home from threats. Threats can be anywhere, knowing what they really are and how to block them off may be a huge comfort.
In this time of pandemic, we mostly spend our days by staying at home. We do our daily routines such as doing chores, classes, work and business now in our homes. With this matter, the safety and security of our family is what we should prioritize the most. However, due to lack of opportunities to invest in security cameras or alarms, we should have an alternative way to keep our home off from burglar attacks.
Whenever, you here about “home security”, what comes first to your mind? For me, it is having the expensive security systems built in our homes which are difficult to purchase especially with those minimum wage earners like me or those who are struggling to earn for their family’s daily needs. However, we don’t need it to implement and instill good home security habit.
Here are few steps to implement good home security habits:
Don’t involuntarily invite crime into your home (make this safety behavior non-optional.)
1. Establish a routine to formcertain doors and windows locked, and alarm systems should be turned on before leaving the house. You can also inspect your home to ensure your ultimate satisfaction and confidence.
2. Avoid giving information to unidentified callers or person. Avoid announcing your personal plans online or publically giving your address when advertising items for sale.
3. Join together with yourneighbors to learn and know what’s happening in your area—working together as a community may be a great way to stop
4. Notify the police and/or your neighborhood if you see suspicious strangers or unusual behaviors happening in your area. To secure your home, this quality security service provide high level of focus that is unmatched by other security organizations.
5. Avoid carrying house keys on a ringbearing your home address or leaving your house keys together with your car during a commercial parking zone or with an attendant.
6. Don’t hide your keys in “secret” places outside your home—burglars know where to find it.
Whole house renovations can add value and beauty to your home, but is more expensive and time consuming. Fortunately, there are ways to upgrade your home without going into debt or touching your savings. Simple ways such as painting, re-grouting tile, and washing the surface of your home won’t cost lots of money, but these do-it-yourself home improvements can add fresh look and flavor to your home.
FIVE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR HOME
1. Freshen up the wall decors
If your walls have an outdated color, scratches or dirty paint, and teared-up wallpapers, a simple touch of effort and a few cans of paint can make a dramatic difference. Also, choose a neutral combination that unifies the whole house, makes space looklarge and more prominent. You can also add plants or pictures as decorations in the wall for a cozy vibrant.
2. Update features of your furniture
A touch of ethereal decors in your furniture will make your home look relaxed and pleasing to the eyes. Switch furniture into different areas, change outlet covers and curtain to add lighting features, and doorknobs are often boring or overlooked repainting it will add beauty in the area and would look far more expensive.
3. Install ceiling fans and repaint appliances
We all likes to avoid wasting money on electricity bills, which makes ceiling fans an appealing addition to our home. Ceiling fans block on air-con costs, and that they may reduce heating costs by circulating warm air faraway from the ceiling. Repainting some appliances which may significantly escalate an elegant look to your home.
4. Improve window treatments
The cheap vertical plastic blinds, paper shades, or horizontal aluminum blinds gives a boring and tiring look your home. Instead, replace them with plantation shutters, zebra blinds, wooden blinds, or drapes. Choose neutral options that may facilitate your place to improve and have a brighter look for your home.
5. Do-it-yourself shelves
If you are into changing some parts of your home, you must not miss adding shelves and new storage for your home. Visiting a dollar store will help you save up money and makes your home organized and clean. Adding modifications such as shelves in an empty area of your home gives modern appearance to it.