What to Know
Desktop: Go to File > Open & Export > Import/Export to open the Import/Export Wizard.
Then select Import from one other program or file > Comma Separated Values. Choose the CSV file and comply with the on-screen steps.
Outlook.com: Open Functions Launcher > Individuals > Handle > Import contacts > Browse. Choose the CSV file and select Open.
Contact knowledge saved in a database or spreadsheet might be simply imported into Outlook. On this information, we present you the right way to import contacts from a CSV file utilizing Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, Outlook for Microsoft 365, and Outlook.com.
Import Contacts from a CSV File Into Outlook
Within the database or spreadsheet program, export the contacts knowledge to a CSV (comma separated values) file. Be certain the columns have significant headers, although they needn’t correspond exactly to the fields used within the Outlook deal with guide. You may manually map columns to fields throughout the import course of.
The screenshots under are for Outlook 2016. Screens in different variations of Outlook could differ barely, however the steps are the identical. Any variations for older variations might be famous.
Go to File.
- Click on Open & Export. In Outlook 2010, then click on Open.
- Outlook 2016 Open & Export menu
- Click on Import/Export. In Outlook 2010, click on Import.
- Within the Import and Export Wizard, choose Import from one other program or file, then click on Subsequent.
- Import from one other program or file chosen possibility in Outlook 2016
- Choose Comma Separated Values, then click on Subsequent.
Importing a File window with Comma Separated Values chosen in Outlook 2016
Click on Browse, then find the CSV file that incorporates the contacts you wish to import.
If you happen to use Gmail, export your Gmail contacts to a CSV file, then import your Gmail contacts into Outlook.
Select one of many following:
Don’t import duplicate objects.
Exchange duplicates with objects imported. If the information within the CSV file is newer or extra full, this may be the only option.
Enable duplicates to be created. If duplicates are created, you may all the time seek for and remove them utilizing a replica removing utility, for instance.
Click on Subsequent.
Choose the Outlook folder into which you wish to import the contacts. This can be your Contacts folder, or it may be a Contacts folder in any of your different folders. It’s also possible to create an Outlook folder only for imported objects.
- Import a File window with Contacts folder in Outlook 2016
- Click on Subsequent.
- Click on Map Customized Fields.
Map Customized Fields possibility in Outlook 2016
Map all columns from the CSV file to the specified Outlook deal with guide fields. Outlook mechanically maps some fields; change these if they aren’t mapped appropriately.
To map a discipline, drag the Worth to the specified Area.
Map Customized Fields window in Outlook 2016
Click on OK, after which click on End to start the import course of.
Import Contacts on Outlook.com
You may add your contacts CSV file to Outlook.com as nicely. The method is a bit totally different from the software program variations.
- Open the Functions Launcher and click on Individuals.
- Utility Launcher with Individuals utility chosen in Outlook.com
- Click on Handle > Import contacts.
- Handle menu and Import contacts choice in Outlook.com
- Click on Browse.
- Add your CSV file display screen in Outlook.com
- Choose the CSV file, then click on Open.
- Open window in Import contacts in Outlook.com
- Within the Import contacts dialog field, click on Import.
Import contacts display screen in Outlook.com
Your contacts are uploaded and imported to your Outlook.com electronic mail account.
When the method is completed, click on Shut. You will discover the brand new contacts in your Outlook deal with guide.