As the winter is knocking your door, skincare is going to be a big challenge for us if we are in our 40s. Its cold weather and low humidity steal moisture away from our skin. Harsh winter wind leads to cracking and bleeding in the skin. So, immediate care is essential if you are willing to keep your skin soft and glowing in the winter season. We have done long research to help you with the most reliable ways of maintaining the health of your skin. Today you will get to know eighteen guaranteed ways to keep your skin alive if you are in your 40s.
1. Do you know your skin type? Are you using the right facial cleanser? Cleaning is vital for you if your skin is exposed to dust and sunlight. We request you to verify cleanser by a skincare expert, and change it if you are not using a cleanser that is appropriate for your skin type.
2. Dermatologists always suggest us to wear SPF if we are above forty. It is an ultimate tool to prevent any future damage or signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots. According to medical research, the ingredients in sunscreen may actually help reverse the signs of aging.
3. Applying a good quality facial oil is another proven way to control the effects of aging. In can be included in your morning and evening skincare routine. But finding the right oil for your skin type and the right way to apply it are two crucial factors in this regard.
4. Dermatologists believe vitamin C and vitamin E work magically on our skin, regardless of the type. These are quality antioxidants. A new daytime serum with antioxidants will repair your skin and prevent further damages.
5. Do not apply vitamin A and vitamin C together. The use of vitamin A is recommended to you if you, especially if you have a sensitive skin type. For better result, apply it at night and apply vitamin C in the morning.
6. Oil production slows down our age if we have crossed the magical number of 40 years. That’s why; applying a healthy coat of hydrating moisturizer to your skin could be a fruitful way to protect your skin during the day time. But yes, you are suggested to do this after your serum dries.
7. Another way to care your skin is to find a night cream that suits your skin type. These moisturizers are heavier, contain occlusive ingredients, and blessed with regeneration properties.
8. Use an eye cream if you really want to care your skin in this winter. The skin around the eye is thinner and more gentle. So, it requires a different efficacy than the skin on the rest of your face does.
9. Do you keep a habit of using processed foods and sugar in your skin? We strongly recommend avoiding this habit. If you don’t, you are more likely to have a duller complexion that’s also more prone to breakouts. Also, try to reduce the amount of sugar from your daily diet.
10. Keeping the gut clear is another fascinating way of hiding your age. A strong and healthy immune system strengthens all of your protective organs, including the skin. So, add enough amount of juices, probiotics in your daily diet and avoid the unhealthy eating habit.
11. Apply a face mask on a weekly basis to see better results in your skincare. To do it is a better way, find out the result-oriented formulas designed to brighten, lift, or smooth the skin complexion.
12. Smoking and drinking habits have adverse effects on our skin. If you are in your 40s, it is important for you to make a control in your smoking and drinking habit. No problem if you are not able to cut them completely. Even it is right for your skin health if you cut these habits by 20, 30, or 40%.
13. Try to use a separate product to treat your nack in the winter. As age grows, the skin on our neck gets crepey, which brings wrinkles and fine lines on our faces. Therefore, the use of a specially designed neck care cream is suggested to you.
14. Nourish your skin with a fish-oil supplement. The fish oils are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which help ward off inflammation in your skin with a flood of hydration. If you make a habit of taking it regularly, you will be able to hide your sagging skin, fine lines, and wrinkles.
15. Get a steam bath every fifteen days if you want to control the aging effect in the winter season. The warm and moist air of a steam room helps your skin to get regenerated. It will open pores up and remove dirt, oil from your skin.
16. At the end of the day, we all need a good night sleep. Do you take enough sleep? It will be challenging for you to control the aging effect on your skin if you are not taking enough amount of sleep. A minimum of 6 to 8 hours sleep is recommended by science. So, try to maintain this duration to make your skin healthier.
You are also suggested to drink a lot of water and prefer some (at least 20 minutes) physical exercise to handle the adverse effects of the winter season. These techniques will help you in reducing chapping, redness, itching, and keeping skin lively. Avoiding extra spices is another reliable way of keeping skin healthy and glowing.