So, you are a budding entrepreneur. Now that you have a digital storefront, there is no need for brick-and-mortar store anymore. You are all set with all-important website and ready for the next. The next is wanting the virtual visitors, who are interested in buying what you’re selling. For that, you require more traffic on the website. However, the question arises how to generate more traffic for your website?
If you are struggling to drive the traffic on your website, you’re not alone. Do you know about 61% of the professionals are challenged in knowing what is most important for their audiences. More than 50% did not know the goal of the audience at a particular stage. And, to cover all this, people think SEO is the only part that will work. If you look in the past few years, everyone is claiming to become an ‘SEO expert’. The most disturbing thing about SEO is that people have a problem in understanding what information to trust. This is surely a valid concern. Let’s go ahead with the answers to some questions.
Why do we need more Website Traffic and what is Free Traffic vs. Quality Traffic?
The growth of your online business depends on the website traffic as it works as an indicator and driver for the growth.
Website traffic will help you to:
- Look into the working mechanism of marketing
- Gain insights to make decisions about your audience
- Amend SEO and search engine credibility
- Create more leads, gain conversions, and get more customers
But, the thing is, in order to achieve these benefits it requires driving traffic to your website in the right direction. The focus must be on driving quality traffic. When we talk about quality traffic, you might be thinking what is it? As we have understood that traffic on the website helps in improving the ranking, but we have to make sure that the increase in traffic is associated with an increase in engagement as well. For the quality traffic, it is important to attract the right visitors to your site in the first place. Because only those will be the people who would likely to convert into leads and customers.
Below mentioned are some of the ways to drive regional traffic on the Website:
1. Promote website on different channels and stand out from the crowd: We all know what social media can do. It is undoubtedly the powerful tool to promote your portfolio website. It is perfect to help you in managing to build an audience or community. We have so many social media platforms out there and it is important to choose from the right platform in order to display your web designs. Make your web design portfolio unique by projecting the things which you have done in the past and add unique and creative completed projects too.
2. Rank you content in Google’s featured snippet: We all know how important is content for the rankings. And, to get yourself in regional rankings, you must include featured snippet in the descriptions. This will help you in appearing more and more frequently for question-based keywords. The Featured Snippet section is available in inside the first page of Google.
Featured Snippet contributes a lot. Some of the things that you will notice are:
- Aim to target search keywords within one of the HTML headers.
- Google doesn’t always include a whole paragraph of text in the Featured Snippet.
- Less question-orientated keywords or for shorter ones, Google frequently pulls through a paragraph of text that is opposed to a one-by-one section.
- Google tends prefer Featured Snippet content.
- Tools like SEMrush can help you in finding keywords which will rank you higher for where there is a Featured Snippet.
3. Implement good SEO: Rankings can only improve if you are doing the right SEO on the website. Discovering the techniques about SEO and implementing them in the right type of traffic delivery strategies will help you in driving more traffic on the website. Don’t twist or break the rules, just understand the SEO so that you could really surpass your results from the past.
4. Run paid social media Ad campaigns: In order to increase your website traffic, the first and foremost that you need to do is to be able to get your business in front of your ideal customers. Paid search, display advertising and social media advertising are some of the fabulous tricks to attract visitors. It will help in building your brand and getting your site in front of people. With paid social media ads, you can also adjust your paid strategies to suit your goals. Create highly targeted campaigns, which can serve as tailor-made ads to the customers.
5. Get customers excited with contests and giveaways: In the points above, we have talked about technical things that may help you in driving the website traffic. However, these methods may seem like long term solutions for increasing your traffic, but some of the things like viral contests, giveaways, and sweepstakes can quickly able to drive more traffic to your website. All you have to announce is to offer exciting prizes in exchange for your customers’ participation. Always keep in mind that prizes and rewards are the most powerful incentives for getting both current and new customers to actually buy from you.
6. Accept reviews and testimonials: Let other customers know your worth by the customers who are already associated with you. Reviews from your existing customers on improving your products & services can add the good points of your company. Support your clients in giving you the ratings and reviews so that you can work on the area that they need you to improvise.
Getting more website visitors does not happen overnight. It requires a lot of strategies and hard work to take your business rankings on the top. With the points that we have mentioned above will surely help you in getting what you desire for your business.
So, which trick is working best for you? Share with us.