An introduction to Content Marketing
One of the most powerful digital marketing strategy nowadays is Content Marketing. Content marketing is all about using the content to gain attention and retain visitors on the website and eventually turn them into customers. But, creating content is a serious struggle. According to a report, 60% of the organizations face struggle to produce content consistently, and 65% find it challenging to produce engaging content. And, even after creating a website, if you are not able to retain customers, it means you are losing money. If you want long-term success in content marketing, the key is to remain consist in implementing best practices. The demand for content is huge, because it is the only way to drive more search traffic and build a profitable online business.
What is the need of a content marketing strategy?
An organization should have a dedicated content marketing strategy to attract, acquire, and engage its prospects. Content marketing strategy is a way to separate yourself as a successful content marketers from less successful peers. The strategy should define key business and customer needs. Here are a few essential components:
- Business model: Model of a business includes the investment strategy which defines where your content initiatives fall under, the role content, and the way you structure your team.
- Differentiated editorial content: What are the unique perspectives and approach of a company to create content and how they are able to distinguish your content from your competitors?
- Goals of organization: The goal behind the existence of your content. What action do you want your visitors to do once they have consumed your content, and what is the value that you expect to provide for your business.
- Audience’s personas: What will be the characteristics of the one audience that will benefit most from your content? What are their current user state, and an estimate of how their needs may evolve?
Content marketing is everywhere and it has been for years. So, if you want to learn about creating great content, content promotion and increasing your social media shares let’s do it. Content is categorized into different categories namely, Written Content, Visual Content, Interactive Content and Video Content. And, these different types could make a large impact.
Below mentioned are some of the high-performing content types for your content marketing strategy:
1. Blogging: There’s a reason that blogging is positioned on number one. Blogging is by far among the best tools to have in your marketing tool-belt. Blogs are best ways to improve SEO and drive more organic traffic. They help to drive more traffic to your site from the search engines. Blogging is a perfect to communicate with your audience.
Some of the major benefits of blogging comprises:
- Excellent place to collect leads
- Providing value
- Providing content to share on other platforms
- Communicating with audience
- SEO opportunity
- Great way to build exposure
- Increase websites rank on the internet
- Provide an opportunity for others to share your brand
2. White Papers: For the businesses who want to prove industry expertise, white papers are an effective method. White papers are also available for free digital download, or can be published online as PDFs. This is best for improved search engine optimization. With content on white papers, you can solidify your reputation as a SME. These are one of the best sources to offer a specific opinion that is best delivered in long format. White papers are developed as an educational material and backed up by hard evidence and statistics.
3. Videos: If we look at the current digital marketing trend, videos are far more effective method of content marketing than any other strategy. To stay ahead of competitors, it is important to find a way to grab target audience’s attention and engage them quickly. And, what else could do this apart from Videos. Customers today are using internet like never before and their online activity includes watching video content. This is the reason why video remains one of the best types of content marketing for reaching and engaging your target consumers. Video is a great content marketing tactic and you can expect to see an average increase of 157% in organic traffic from search engines.
4. Infographics: Infographics are popular type of content marketing used for link-building.
How we can use infographics to build links
It is a typically a three-step process to create link-winning infographics:
- Start with picking up a topic which is relevant to your target audience and try to make it as specific as possible. For instance, if your niche is social media, you must focus on a single platform that’s trending.
- Secondly, make sure to gather data points about your topic. The points should be gathered from original search of the topic. Then, frame your data points to flow logically down the page.
- Lastly, grab attention of the user by making it look great. Make use of large fonts and represent the aspects visually.
TIP: Free tools like Canva can be used to design an infographic or you may want also hire a designer for a more customized and professional look.
After creating the infographic, you must decide how to distribute it. If you have a large following, you can publish the same on your website and promote it via social media.
5. Quizzes, questionnaires, & surveys: Another type of content marketing is posting quiz, questionnaires and surveys. Haven’t thought about it as a content marketing strategy? Well, if you haven’t, than think about it now as people love these types of interactive content. You can ask them anything and everything to make them engage with you or your brand.
What? Still finding a difficulty to choose which content type to use? Well, you are not alone. Every business needs to think which form of content they should use to engage their customers. So, the best method is to try different methods to engage your customers with you.
What is the most effective type that worked for you? Share with us.